Training and people development of your management and staff has never been more important. The pace of change is increasing and training is one of the key elements needed to help people deal with change.
Still, why should your organization spend time on training when it detracts from other more pressing issues? Because, done right, training increases productivity and effectiveness.
“Alan Kay has been training our staff on using Solutions Focus methods and the results have been amazing. Today he returned for a refresher, with our staff teaching new staff who had not been through the program. It was a stimulating day. We realized how much we learned two years ago, and how significantly the principles of Solutions Focus have become truly integrated into the fibre of our organization. Most meaningfully, we are all using Solutions Focus to drive real results, to motivate each other, to improve relationships with stakeholders and to meet our organizational goals. Alan is an outstanding teacher, facilitator and coach. He has helped us transform our organization.” Margaret Eaton, President, ABC Life Literacy Canada
What’s the best way to ensure training and development will actually help your organization?
- Align it with your business strategy
- Align it with your customer strategy
- Ensure the learners have personal goals
- Replace drive-by training with outcomes-based learning
- Make the learning about the work your staff is doing
All change is personal – so, too, is learning.
We offer only one kind of training: the Solution Focus approach.
It comes in three flavors:
- Team coaching
- Performance management
What will your people be doing differently after the training?
- Spending less time debating what went wrong and instead…
- Asking better questions that lead to solutions
- Discovering new opportunities and implementing them
- Making decisions and taking responsibility for actions
- Freeing up your time
Think of Solution Focus training as the glue that improves organizational efficiency and culture.
What do you get with a Solution Focus training session?
- Form a small core team to align the training with business goals and needs of the larger team
- Align the content around the specific needs of the team(s)
- An impactful learning experience for the team
- Build on the team’s existing skills to maximize impact
- Follow-through to ensure sustainability
Current public teaching programmes:
- Leadership and collaboration at the CMA featuring many Solution Focused tools. (2nd half of a planning course)
- Solution focus Performance Management at UoT featuring Solution Focus Coaching as a lead tool in helping people enhance their performance
- Advertising, Communications Planning at Schulich, York U (advertising strategy, day 1)