Solutions from Better Questions
This speech helps people with their productivity
Better Solutions come from Better Questions.
Have you noticed that people are more likely to analyze problems than they are to look for solutions? Despite the ambiguity of business and organizations we still think that a close examination of the problem will lead to action. Instead, it leads to inaction.
How do we speed up decision making and action orientation so that we become more productive, more effective managers and workers?
This session teaches us the value of better questions and how to ask them so that people speed up progress on moving the organization forward.
Session outline: Better Questions. Better Solutions
– Why end problem discussion in your organization
– Why Solution Focus?
– The Solution Focus principles
– How to say goodbye to problem monkeys
– Knowing what questions to ask
– Noticing what works and doing more of it
Alan blends theory and storytelling with active practice of ideas – the result of this process allows you to implement your new ideas right away.
- Alan Kay of the Glasgow Group is a Solution Focused change management specialist in organizational and people strategy. Formerly managing director of a marketing & communications business, Alan’s clients cover a broad range of sectors. Alan’s Solution Focus work includes a number of proprietary approaches featured in a variety of books and journals. He teaches executive development students at Schulich School of Business and at the Canadian Marketing Association.